As we are heading into spring pool maintenance is still somewhat relaxed compared to summer, but low maintenance does not mean NO maintenance!
This is the time of year we experience a rush of green pools, mainly due to the cross over from an extended period of reduced temperatures and a lack of sunlight (during Winter) to a rise in temperature and increase in sunlight that causes vegetation (algae) to wake up. Thus, pools that have been clear all winter suddenly turn green ‘overnight’.
Ideally, we would recommend a full water test and balance after an extended period of low maintenance but due to the continuing lockdown restrictions that might not be easy.
So, we recommend you focus on ‘at least’ the core elements to help keep the pool clear and free from algae this spring.
- Remove leaves and debris from the pool and skimmer baskets as often as required
- Give the pool a vacuum if required
- Filtration – run pump daily – 6hrs per day in Spring
- Backwash & rinse sand/glass filters or clean cartridge filters at least monthly
- Maintain Chlorine 1ppm-3pmm – check weekly using test strips
- Maintain pH 7.2-7.6 – check weekly using test strips
- Add a spring algaecide treatment
There is no one size fits all approach as every pool, its equipment and environment are different therefore these points are a general rule of thumb for the short term. Please tailor the advice to suit your specific circumstances for example a pool in a leafy suburb will need the skimmer baskets emptied and scooping more regularly than an indoor pool.
- Test strips – chlorine & pH are the most essential parameters
- Spring algaecide
- Pool acid
- Leaf scoop or rake
- Chlorine (powered has the longest shelf life) – just in case
- Clarifier – just in case
If you have a pool blanket keep a very close eye on chlorine levels as they can rise dramatically if you have a chlorinator and you don’t adjust the output sufficiently.
Although we are locked down, we are still able to serve you via retail click and collect and are contactable via phone, email, FB messenger, and Google, or you can order via our webstore.
However, we ask that you please be patient with us. As we are a family-owned business and are running skeleton staff due to the retail lockdown so don’t be alarmed if we don’t answer your communication immediately. If we don’t answer the phone, we are most likely already on it! So, please leave us a message and we will get back to you as soon as we can!
Stay safe and please don’t hesitate to contact us if you have any questions.